As it’s friday I thought I’d post a foodie recipe. This week we have the Fresh Fruit Smoothie, this is really just an addition to the Healthy Ice Cream I posted a few weeks ago but I felt it deserved it’s own post as this method makes it a drink.
Put very very simply, you make the healthy ice cream by whizzing up frozen bananas and any other frozen fruit you may desire, then juice some fresh fruits (if you don’t have a juicer I’m sure it’s still tasty with bought juices) and then pour this juice into the creamy frozen fruits while the food processor is in action and you are left with the most amazing creamy smoothie without any of the extra calories of ice cream or yogurt.
I initially came up with the idea of combining the two (of the frozen fruit ice cream and juiced fruits) when I really wanted a Boost style smoothie but didn’t have any frozen yogurt, nor could I really be bothered to go out and get any, so I was thinking – can I make frozen yogurt? Then I remembered the whizzing up of frozen bananas creates a creamy consistency, I wonder what would happen if I combined the two, so I did … and it was amazing!!
Below is my favourite combination of fresh and frozen fruits, however it’s entirely up to you what you use! This recipe is made for experimenting!!
- 1 Banana, Sliced and Frozen
- Handful Blueberries, Frozen
- Handful Mango Chunks, Frozen
- Handful Pineapple Chunks, Frozen
- 2 Oranges
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Apple
- Chunk of Ginger
- Place all the frozen ingredients in the food processor and whizz it up until you have a smooth and creamy consistency
- Chop up your fresh fruit to the required size for you juicer and juice (if you don't have a juicer simply use normal juice)
- Set the food processor going again, and pour the juice into the spout, as little or as much as you want to get it to the right thickness for you
- Pour your smoothie from your food processor into a glass and enjoy!
I’d love to hear what different combinations you have tried!